Legal and Regulatory Planning Division
- Planning Advisory Unit
- Regulatory Planning Unit
- Technical Drafting Unit
- To review and revise the Town and Country Planning Act 1976 (Act 172);
- To formulate, review and make amendments to the rules under Act 172;
- To conduct legal research, to examine and update the monographs, reports, bulletins, brochures and other publications relating to town and country planning in accordance with the provisions under section 2B of Act 172;
- To prepare recommendation papers for the application of planning permission under subsection 22(2A) of Act 172;
- To give advice and consultation on town and country planning legislation to government agencies, private agencies and the general public;
- To examine and update the Encyclopedia of Town and Country Planning Law and Administration.
- To review the Town and Country Planning Act 1976 (Act 172) within five years;
- To formulate, review or amend the draft rules under Act 172 within 12 months;
- To prepare development application reports under subsection 22(2A) of te Town and Country Planning Act 1976 (Act 172) within a month;
- To prepare reports on complaints about Town and Country Planning legislation within 25 working days;
- To serve as a secretariat for the Town and Country Planning Department State Directors’ meeting four times a year.